What does “mindset” mean, anyway?
Mindset is one of those words that is used so often we all kind of think we know what we all mean, but can’t be sure. For coaching purposes, mindset is your habits of thinking, your way of viewing the world and your place in it, and the most common thoughts that get you into trouble. Itcan be your sail or your anchor.
Your mindset is arguably the most important aspect to achieving success. For some of you that was awesome news…for others, I think I heard your heart sink from here. Don’t worry! Mindset is not as “set” as it sounds. It’s more like…mind direction. Mind focus.
The easiest way to think about mindset is it’s the basis of the gap between where you are and where you want to be. That gap is often better defined as the gap between who you are and who you want to be.
In current thought, there are two main categories of mindset: fixed and growth. A fixed mindset believes it cannot be changed, who we were born to matters more for our success than what we do. A fixed mindset believes that failure is an ending, not a beginning.
A fixed mindset is the enemy.
How do you know if mindset is what’s holding you back?
- You find yourself doing it all (because no one can do it as well/like you)
- Perfectionism leads to missed deadlines and stress
- Jealousy & resentment of those who already have what you are working to achieve
- You think you’re too old/young/early/late to do the thing you want to do
- You spend lots of time “yabbutting” (Ex: Can you try to look at this differently? Yeah, but….)
- You’re unhappy with where you are but you really want to explain why you’re there because there’s a really really good reason that’s totally not your fault.
How do you get your mindset refocused for your success?
- Hire a coach! (Seriously, CLICK HERE and book a free M6 Discovery Call with me!)
- Make a habit every time you find yourself worrying about how it could go wrong of asking instead “What is it all works out?”
- Write down your vision, your ideal day, write down exactly what you want, and then look at it every single morning
- When you see someone who is living your dream, thank them internally for showing you it can be done!
When you get your mindset right, the rest will flow.
Starting today just means you’ll have success earlier and longer.
It’s time, isn’t it?